Power out : High 75 watt (original), High 125 watt (modif), Low3 75 watt
FT-2900R 75 Watt Heavy-Duty 144 MHz FM Transceiver. High power output with No Cooling Fan Needed, a huge, easy-to-read display, and one-touch WIRES™ Internet Linking Access capability are yours with the rugged new FT-2900R.
- 75 Watts of Solid RF Power with No Cooling Fan Needed! Four selectable power output levels are provided: 75/25/10/5 Watts. The power selection may be stored into memory, allowing you to conserve power while using strong local repeaters.
- The large 6 digit backlit LCD on the FT-2900R ensure excellent visibility
- Loud Audio with Internal Speaker. The FT-2900R packs 3W BIG watts of Loud Audio with its own Internal Speaker for those noisy environments.
- Excellent Receiver Performance. The FT-2900R’s receiver front end features Yaesu’s renowned Advanced Track Tuning RF input filtering, which affords outstanding protection from Intermodulation distortion.
- CTCSS and DCS Encode/Decode Built In. For easy repeater access, or silent monitoring of busy channels, both CTCSS and DCS (Digital Code Squelch) Encoder/Decoder circuits are built in. CTCSS and DCS configuration data may be stored independently in each memory channel. A “Split Tone” mode also allows operation on systems where CTCSS and DCS are used separately on the repeater uplink/downlink.
- Extensive Memory System. The FT-2900R provides a total of 221 memory channels, including 200 “regular” memories, ten pairs of band-limit memories, and an instant-recall “Home” channel you can dedicate to a frequently-used repeater or simplex frequency. Memories can store repeater shift information, CTCSS/DCS data, power output level, scanning status (“Skip”), and Alpha-Numeric labels.
- Alpha-Numeric Channel Display. Memory channels may be displayed either with the channel frequency or a personalized Alpha-Numeric label, for easy channel recognition. Up to six letters, characters, or numbers may be used for labeling channels.
- WIRES Internet Linking Access Feature. The FT-2900R includes a conveniently-located “Internet” key, for quick access to Internet-linked repeater systems. Internet repeater linking allows you to use your FT-2800M to talk to other Amateurs throughout the world, with outstanding voice signal quality. The “Internet” key may be configured to send either a single DTMF digit, or a DTMF string, for operation on a WIRES™ (Wide-Coverage Internet Repeater Enhancement System) repeater, or on other Internet-linked repeaters using DTMF tone access.
- WX Channels with A special 10-channel Weather Band memory bank is provided in the U.S. version, allowing quick access to NOAA weather broadcasts. When the 1050-Hz “Severe Weather” alert tone is transmitted, the FT-2900R may be configured to emit an alarm tone to get your attention quickly. With the “Weather Alert” feature enabled, the FT-2800M will scan the ten Weather memories, stopping only if the 1050-Hz tone is received.
- MH-48A6J DTMF Direct Access Microphone. The backlit MH-48A6J microphone allows direct keypad frequency entry, or keypad memory channel recall. On transmit, the MH-48A6J allows manual entry of DTMF tones for autopatch use, and the FT-2900R also includes a nine-memory, 16-digit DTMF Autodialer. Four user-programmable “soft” keys on the microphone may be programmed for easy control of a number of different features, and the [A]/[B]/[C]/[D] keys replicate the functions of the keys on the front panel of the transceiver, for maximum convenience while driving.